Red Cross says Guinea Ebola aid workers face attacks
Aid workers fighting Ebola in Guinea are being subjected to an average of 10 attacks every month, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) says.
The latest assault happened on Sunday when two ICRC volunteers were beaten by suspicious locals while trying to conduct a safe burial, the group said.
Last year eight aid workers were hacked to death in Guinea.
It came as the US said it would pull out troops stationed in Liberia to help contain the virus.
US President Barack Obama announced on Thursday that all but 100 of the soldiers remaining in the country would leave by the end of April.
There were 2,800 US troops in West Africa at the height of the epidemic, but about 1,500 have already left the region.
Mr Obama said about 10,000 “civilian responders” would stay in West Africa to fight the virus.