Job Vacancy – News Reader
Are you a news reader or you Just want to start a career in News Anchoring? Do you have a good command of English Language? Do you follow current affairs with a great passion? Are you a social media enthusiast? Do you posses a solid ethical track record? Do you want to Join the Biggest Radio in the Land of Milk and honey? If your answer was yes to all the above, we are looking for you!
- Researching and writing news stories on local community, state, national and international current events
- Meeting with the news editor, reporters and other news anchors to be briefed on the day’s news
- Collaborating with the news editor to choose stories to broadcast considering audience preferences
- Analyzes and broadcasts news received from various sources
- Organize the news to present the most interesting/relevant pieces first
- Revise scripts and prepare to deliver them on-air
- Engage in news commentary
- Interview guests and other members involved in particular stories
- Comply with the moral code of the journalistic profession
- Keep abreast of news developments by studying papers, social media and attending events, etc.
- Stay in contact with industry professionals
- Proven work experience as a news anchor or a desire to start a career
- Understanding of the newscast process
- Broad knowledge of local, national and international affairs (e.g. political, economic, legislative and cultural)
- Comfortable yet professional presence on air
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work on a flexible schedule
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and strict deadlines
- Active social media presence
Send us your application by email to email@example.com before Wednesday 12th April 2017 at Noon. All applicants will be contacted with in 10Hrs after submitting their application by email.
Share this post on your wall to help someone know.