Family of Seven Burnt to Ashes
A family of seven people has been burnt beyond recognition in Bukedea district. The incident that happened last night was sparked off by a charcoal stove which was lit inside a room used as a temporary petrol store.
Kyoga Regional Police Spokesperson Michael Odongo identifies the deceased as John Okoboi 34, the house head, his wife Florence Ajimo, a relative Dinah Kayaye, and the children; Anna Adongo, Charles Okwalinga, Joy Apolot and Alfred Okidi. The children were aged between 2 months and 6 years.
It is alleged that Ajimo was using the charcoal stove for cooking inside the store, annexed to their grass thatched house in Amutur village when the tragedy struck.