Career Opportunities at 91.2 Crooze Fm – Jobs
As of 23rd May 2019, the following Job opportunities are available at Western Uganda’s Biggest Radio, 91.2 Crooze Fm. All applicants should deliver their Handwritten Application Letters with a typed CV to our reception on Muti Lane, Kakyeka, Mbarara not later than 12:30 PM Wednesday 29th May 2019. CLEARLY INDICATE WHAT JOB YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
Job 001/May/19: Social Media Editor.
The Social media editor will be involved in creating, revising and monitoring online content. As such an excellent command of the English Language is a must!
You will be required to possess a wide range of Internet-related tasks, Editing skills, graphics editing skills and broadly up-to-date with current affairs.
Skills in video editing will be an added advantage to applicants.
Education Requirement: A Bachelor’s Degree with a Credit in English at O’Level.
Job Skills: Strong communication skills, proofreading, decision-making skills, writing and publishing experience, web search skills, familiarity with social media platforms and online news sites.
Other Requirements: A typed out 300 words essay on why you are the best candidate for this Job.
Job 002/May/19: English News Anchor/Editor
Applicants must possess the desire to pursue a career in News Anchoring and editing. You will be required to possess a good command of the English Language, current affairs, social media, and a solid ethical track record.
- Sourcing, Researching and writing news stories on local, state, national and international current events
- Meeting with the news editors, reporters, and other news anchors to be briefed on the day’s news
- Collaborating with the news editors to choose stories to broadcast considering audience preferences
- Analyzes and broadcasting news received from various sources
- Organize the news to present the most interesting/relevant pieces first
- Revise scripts and prepare to deliver them on-air
- Engage in news commentary
- Interview guests and other members involved in particular stories
- Comply with the moral code of the journalistic profession
- Keep abreast of news developments by studying papers, social media and attending events, etc.
- Stay in contact with industry professionals
- Proven work experience as a news anchor or a desire to start a career in journalism.
- Understanding of the newscast process
- Broad knowledge of local, national and international affairs (e.g. political, economic, legislative and cultural)
- Comfortable yet professional presence on air
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Available to work on a flexible schedule
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and strict deadlines
- Active social media presence
- A Demo of yourself reading news.
- A typed out 300 words essay on why you are the best candidate for this Job.
Job 003/May/19: Football Commentator (Luganda)
Applicants will be required to possess excellent knowledge of football in particular and sports in general. Fluency in spoken Luganda is a must have with general skills in internet use, researching and communicating.
Applicants MUST have a natural free flow speech that is neither forced nor imitated. You should also be familiar with broadcasting terms, players’ names, and officials’ signals.
NOTE: All Applicants for this Job will be required to provide a recorded demo of their football commentary. All applications without a recorded demo will not be accepted.