What’s your opinion on these proposed regulations on Musicians?
Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development has on Tuesday this week introduced strict laws to govern Musicians, Events organizers and other entertainers.
1. Every Artist shall need a License to operate in Uganda.
2. Its Illegal to Practice Public Entertainment when you have no License from the Ministry
3. No Artist shall shoot a Music Video without Permission from the ministry of Labor
4. An artist will not perform in more than one venue unless the next performance is 4 hours after.
5. Artist performance time shall not be less than 60 minutes and not more than 120 minutes.
6. No Artist will perform abroad unless you have permission from the ministry.
7. No Indecently dressed Artist will be allowed on stage.
8. Every Event promoter must provide a hygiene kit to each performing Artist at an Event.
9. Any artist who uses Vulgar language on stage will have their license cancelled
10. An artist who takes drugs( Marijuana cocaine etc) before his performance commits an offense and will be punished
11. An artist found in unhygienic condition will not be allowed to perform on stage.
12. Any artist who performs abroad without a license shall be disqualified as an artist for a year.
13. There shall be a censorship board to filter Entertainment content and ensure discipline among the artists. (This shall have a disciplinary committee)
14. Every Artist will have to register their works with Ministry of Gender.