One Dead, 10 Hospitalized After Consuming Poisoned Meat in Kiruhura
- One person has died and ten others are hospitalized at Rushere community hospital in critical condition after eating contaminated meat. The incident occurred yesterday in Kyabagyenyi, Rushere in Kirihura district.
The identity of the deceased woman and other victims weren’t readily available. Julius Ayebare, one of the affected residents, says they developed stomach complications after eating meat from a cow that had succumbed to rare illness over the weekend.
- Samson Kasasira, Rwizi Region Police Spokesperson, says they have dispatched samples from the cow and victims to the government analytical laboratories in Kampala for examination.
- He cautions residents to desist from eating meat from dead animals or consuming meat without clearance from veterinary doctors.