9 Year-Old electrocuted by sagging power lines in Lira town
A 9-year-old boy has sustained severe burns after being electrocuted by sagging power lines in Lira town. The minor is a primary two pupil at Lira Modern Primary School. His father Erick Okello says his son was walking with his younger sister through Mukwano Factory in Railway Quarters, when an electric pole fell and the live wire rolled on him last evening.
The sister sounded an alarm that attracted the attention of the security guards at Mukwano Factory, who found him lying unconscious and rushed him to Lira Regional Referral Hospital for treatment.
A medical report by Robson Okabo, a medical officer attending to the patient indicates that he survived with severe, deep and extensive burns on his entire back and the right arm, causing him serious tissue injuries, and the father is asking the power distributor to meet the medical bills.